With the vital role websites play in the online branding of a business, it’s no surprise how website design is currently among the highest-selling gigs in the freelancing market. Ecommerce websites, for instance, are in high demand, giving its usefulness in the selling of products and services, increasing marketing activities, and others. All this translates to higher design projects and a large clientele base for freelance website designers.
Amid the anticipation for a new website design project, one vital document you should have is your eCommerce website quotation. This document is a summary of the service you are offering your potential client and your service charges. Having this document handy and professionally crafted is an advantage for every freelance website designer.
Why you must have an eCommerce website quotation
The importance of having your quotation ready each time a client requests for it cannot be overemphasized. Below are a few benefits to derive from having a winning quotation.
- For starters, business quotations generally give all the parties involved in a project an idea of their responsibilities and role to play. Therefore your website quotation gives your client what to expect from you and what you expect from the transaction.
- Creating and submitting a well-written eCommerce website quotation to your client, paints a more professional picture on your activities and project. Even on occasion where your client doesn’t demand a quotation but wants to engage you, ensure you maintain your professionalism by sending a quotation.
- A detailed website quotation, which is agreed on, will give both parties a sense of confidence in the other party, and an understanding of where the transaction is headed.
How to create an eCommerce website quotation
Just before you begin to draft any eCommerce website quotation, it is vital to be very certain about the specific needs your client contacted you for. Is it just for the design of the website, and the online page layout, or does it include other professional website services? An understanding of this will assist you in submitting the right quotation to your client.
The following are tips to guide you in having your website quotation ready.
- Download any eCommerce website quotation template that suits your interest.
- On top of the quotation document, let your business name and contact information appear. Also include your clients’ names, phone numbers, and contact information. The name of the eCommerce site and the date the quote was prepared should be written too.
- Give a detailed list of the services you are offering your client. This could include Registration of Domain name and web hosting, providing technical support, email services, SEO marketing, and others.
- Attach the amount of each of the services you are offering your client, and also the total cost of the project.
- If there are terms and conditions you would like your client to be aware of, you can specify them. Also, make mention of your preferred method of payment.
- Concluded your eCommerce website quotation with your name and authorized signature.
Factors to consider in determining your pricing
Design – What kind of page design and layout does your client want? Also, bear in mind that installing an already existing template is different from a full custom design.
Functionality – Various functions can be integrated on an eCommerce platform. Find out from your client, the functions desired. Custom functionalities should increase your service charge.
Integration – Every eCommerce website requires a payment system. Whether your client is going for ERP integration or any other third-party payment system, it should also affect the total cost.