Understand the difference between 1099 income and W2 income.
Taxes can be confusing and frustrating, and that's especially true if you're self-employed. Don't worry. Once you understand the basics, and become familiar with a few best practices, it's not so bad. We hope this set of resources will make self-employed taxes a little more understandable and maybe even save you a bit of money — and who doesn't like that? These resources are specific to the United States, but we hope to support other countries in the near future.
Here are quick links to our top 3 resources:
Self-Employed Tax Calculator
Calculate how much you owe given your state, income, expenses, and more.
Table of contents
- What is self employment tax? (when I already pay my income tax!)
- How much self employment tax do I owe? (FREE calculator)
- Commonly missed tax deductions to reduce taxable income
- What is the due date for self employment taxes?
- Download our ebook on self employment taxes
- Why opt for a self employment tax software?