With the increased use of the internet for business, more professionals in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) have sprung up. Whether you are new to SEO or you have been at it for a while, you would know that it is essential for you to maintain the highest standards, despite busy business schedules, to keep getting jobs from clients.
One of the ways to impress clients and show that you know your onions is to have all the necessary documents in place. When it comes to SEO Consultancy or freelancing, an SEO Scope of Work is one of the essential materials that you should have. You also need to have your proposal and contract in place. Are you new to the business of search engine optimization? You might need more clarity on what scope of work for SEO should contain, and when you need it.
What should an SEO scope of work contain?
The goal of SEO is to help optimize a website and improve its ranking on search engines. It also helps brands become more visible to the world. There are several activities involved in the achievement of these goals. Therefore, it is essential to specify the work you will be doing for your client at any point in time. It is for this reason that a scope of work is necessary.
Scope of Work helps you show your clients what they can expect at the end of a job. It also helps your client in determining the fairness of your price. Some clients usually give a scope of work. In this case, you might not need to prepare one. While the content of an SEO Scope of Work differs based on the task at hand, there are general issues that you should work on when going search engine optimization.
Some of the objectives contained in an SEO Scope of Work are:
- Improved website visibility for better traffic
- Higher conversions to the website
- Appearance as top ten on search engines like Google, MSN, and Yahoo
- Increased leads from search traffic
- An increased volume of visitors
- Sustainable search rankings over a long period
- Social Marketing Optimization
These objectives are some of the basic tasks that an SEO Expert will need to include in an SEO Scope of Work. Now, you have a basic idea of what it should contain. You might need to know when you need a scope of work for SEO.
When should you prepare the SEO scope of work?
It would be best if you started the preparation of your Scope of Work after you have conducted an audit of the present state of the website. The review will help you understand the keywords, inbound and outbound links, on-page and off-page SEO, and the maintenance strategy. After you have completed your audit and understood the areas where there are shortcomings, you can then prepare your Scope of Work to address those aspects.
Some of the solutions that you might need to provide in your SOW include;
- Search Engine Optimization Strategy for higher ranking and placement of the website
- Extensive keyword research and identification of necessary keywords for the website's niche
- Identification of the essential pages on the website
- The popularization of keywords and links on these pages
- Content optimization to easy-to-read, descriptive language that is keyword rich for the target audience
- Optimization of meta tags, titles, and descriptions for each page's specific keywords
- Google Analytics for tracking conversions and traffic
- Regular maintenance and update of the website to newer strategies
With the increased need for SEO for websites, you can never be out of work if you know how to do your job well. A proper SEO Scope of Work will convince your client that you can improve the quality of the website. You should check out Bonsai for a template that will help you create one.