What Is Everhour?
When it comes to productivity tools, Everhour is one of the most popular apps out there. This time-tracking tool was designed to help businesses monitor their team's productivity levels.
One of its best features is that it allows businesses to gain great insights into a team’s productivity. It does this with accurate timesheets, advanced reporting capabilities, and project management tool integrations.
Another key highlight of this app is that allows businesses to get an estimate of the time needed for a task. They can then track and monitor progress against this time estimate. With that, teams can keep track of their work, understand where their time goes, and improve their productivity.
With all its features, Everhour makes project and task management smooth and efficient, especially for remote teams, agencies, freelancers, and consultants. It has also expanded to be able to help small and mid-sized businesses too.
Despite all these capabilities, some businesses may require alternatives that align more closely with their needs. This article will discuss fine alternatives to Everhour.
What Are The Top Limitations Of Everhour?
Everhour is a robust time-tracking and project-management tool. However, like any other productivity tool, it has its own set of limitations. These are the drawbacks that might push users to look for alternatives.
- Limited Mobile Application: Everhour has comprehensive web-based functions but it still lacks a convenient mobile app that allows tracking and managing tasks on the go.
- User Interface: Some users may find Everhour's interface to be more complicated than other tools. Because of this, they face a steeper learning curve.
- Price Point: Everhour’s pricing can be a bit steep, especially for startups and small businesses. A free version or scale-based pricing model would make it more accessible to a wider audience.
- Integration Limits: Though Everhour integrates well with most project management tools, it has certain limitations. This can cause data sync and communication issues.
- Limited Reporting Features: Everhour does not provide in-depth reporting or billable hours' breakdown. This is a crucial factor for tracking work efficiency and productivity for some businesses.
What Are The Must-Have Features Of An Everhour Alternative?
There are many apps like Everhour. However, to find the right alternative for your business, you need to know what features it should have to satisfy your business’s unique needs. Here are the characteristics to keep in mind.
- Advanced Time Tracking: The software should have accurate time-tracking features allowing teams to monitor the hours spent on individual tasks, projects, and clients. This helps keep track of the team's productivity and level of engagement.
- Detailed Reporting: A must-have feature of an Everhour alternative is the capacity for generating detailed reports. It should provide clear insights into project timelines, team performance, and finance management.
Team Collaboration Tools: The product should offer essential collaboration features such as task assignments, team communication channels, and document sharing to ensure efficient project management.
Bonsai is one of the best Everhour alternatives for good reason. Its many features are specifically designed for service businesses. It’s also more versatile and powerful offering better time tracking, CRM, invoicing, and secure payment features. With these, it's a complete solution for streamlining business work processes and maximizing productivity. Here’s a quick summary of its best advantages.
Time Tracking and Reporting
Bonsai offers real-time tracking and reporting giving teams a transparent and accurate view of their productivity level. This also makes sure no billable hour gets lost in the shuffle.
Proposal and Contract Creation
Bonsai's proposal and contract creation features allow teams to easily craft and customize professional proposals and contracts. This makes the approval process and the time it takes to get started with a new client shorter.
Simple and Intuitive Invoice Generation
With Bonsai's automated invoicing feature, teams can say goodbye to manual paperwork. Given that it can generate invoices based on tracked time, Bonsai also ensures that each bill reflects the hours worked accurately. It also supports multiple currencies and tax systems, making it a perfect choice for businesses operating on a global scale.
CRM and Client Management
Another standout feature that gives Bonsai an advantage over Everhour is its comprehensive Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Bonsai lets teams manage clients and leads effortlessly in one place. This makes communication and collaboration a lot easier.
Secure Payment System
Bonsai's payment system accepts credit cards and PayPal transactions. It also supports over 180 currencies. Adhering to PCI DSS Level 1 compliant standards, its security is top-notch. It offers maximum protection against fraud and data breaches. So business owners can have peace of mind for their business.
For an in-depth analysis of Bonsai's features, head over to the Bonsai homepage.
Time Doctor is a time-tracking and productivity software designed to manage remote teams efficiently. Because of its comprehensive tracking, most users give it a positive review. The app also offers flexible pricing. It has free trials and its paid version starts at $7 per month/ user.
- Time tracking with screenshots.
- Powerful reporting to help businesses monitor productivity.
- Integration with popular project management software.
- Attendance tracking to manage shifts and time-offs.
- Lacks a built-in invoicing feature.
- Users report that its interface can be a bit cluttered.
TimeDoctor might not suit companies looking for a simple time-tracking tool. It might not also work for teams that consider screenshots as a privacy issue.
This productivity tracking software is designed to provide insights into daily habits that help teams make better decisions and work smarter. Aside from its detailed reporting, its generally praised for its ease of use. As for pricing, RescueTime offers a free basic plan while its premium plan costs $12 per month.
- Automatic time tracking feature captures time spent in applications and websites with no manual entry required.
- Detailed reports for productivity.
- Distraction blocker helps teams focus by blocking chosen websites or apps.
- Goal setting allows teams to set goals and monitor progress.
- Lacks invoicing and more comprehensive time-tracking features.
- Offline activity tracking is limited.
- No support for project or task-level tracking.
Businesses seeking advanced features for accounting, invoicing, and task management may not find this app a fit.
Harvest is a time-tracking and invoicing application designed to aid self-employed experts, small to medium-sized enterprises, and larger organizations. It helps them achieve better task management and productivity. Reviews for it are mainly positive. As for pricing, it’s decent starting with a free basic plan and a $12 per month pro plan.
- Simple time tracking.
- Invoicing and reporting system.
- Integration with other popular tools.
- Expense tracking and budgeting
- Complex interface for beginners.
- No built-in project management tool.
- Additional learning time for full utilization
- Limited third-party integrations
Individuals looking for an all-in-one solution overseeing project management, tracking, and billing may not find Harvest the best Everhour alternative.
Toggl is a time-tracking tool designed to help teams streamline their productivity and manage their work more efficiently. Many users love its functionality. Another thing they love about Toggl is its affordability. Its basic package is free and premium plans start at $10 per month/ user.
- Toggl enables tracking of billable hours with automatic calculations.
- Detailed and visual reports provide insights about time usage and staff performance.
- Syncs with popular apps like Google Calendar and Github.
- Allows time-tracking functionality even with no internet connection.
- Lacks efficient ways to dig deep into older time entries.
- Some users find it less user-friendly as compared to Everhour.
This app might not be ideal for companies requiring complex task management systems as Toggl mainly focuses on time tracking.
ClickTime is a top-rated time-tracking solution known for its user-friendly interface and robust analytics. Users also praise its great customer service. As for its pricing, it has several paid plans starting at $9 per month/ user.
- Comprehensive time tracking and project management.
- Quick and easy expense tracking.
- Remarkable workforce management.
- Detailed reporting and analytics.
- Some features could be a bit more intuitive and user-friendly.
- Issues with occasional slow system response times.
ClickTime might not be the best option for very small companies due to its relatively higher pricing compared to other platforms.
Replicon is designed to manage project time tracking, employee attendance, and workforce management. While it offers a wide range of features, it might not be suitable for everyone. It has also received mixed reviews. When it comes to pricing, it’s on the decent side. It has a free trial available and three pricing model tiers.
- Robust time tracking capabilities
- Workflow and approval path configuration
- Progress and productivity analysis
- Timesheet and project management
- Complex interface that can be difficult to navigate.
- Lacks certain integrations.
Small businesses may not find this a good match because of high pricing and intricate settings.
Workfront is a project management software that propels team productivity and collaboration. It has decent ratings with users praising its integration features. However, when it comes to prices, Workfront doesn’t openly discuss their prices.
- It provides robust project management tools like Gantt charts, task lists, and resource allocation.
- Offers an in-built digital proofing tool for quick approvals.
- Has an intuitive interface for seamless user experience.
- Ability to integrate with other software like Everhour and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Its reporting feature can be complex to navigate for beginners.
- Pricing is on the higher side compared to its competitors.
It may not be suitable for small businesses or startups due to their limited budgets.
TimeCamp is an advanced time-tracking and project management software. It’s made to improve productivity and streamline workflow management. It’s also often praised for its versatility and affordability. It has free plans and paid plans start at $7 per month.
- Automated time tracking.
- Integration with various productivity apps.
- In-depth reporting with insights and analytics.
- Budget tracking and billing.
- Limited access to control settings
- No native mobile app for iOS
TimeCamp is not a good choice for businesses looking for simple and user-friendly interfaces or a good mobile experience.
FunctionFox is a powerful project management software tailor-made for creative teams. It offers time tracking, project management, and resource allocation functions. For user satisfaction, it boasts high ratings. However, it can be costly. Pricing starts at $35 per month/ user.
- Time-tracking and estimates.
- Extensive project management tools.
- Detailed reporting and analytics.
- Visual Gantt charts for project tracking.
- Does not support integrations with other apps.
- Difficult to navigate.
Small businesses that require seamless integrations with other apps might find other alternatives more suitable.