Your freelancing career is about to take off, but you are feeling spaced out, wondering what you should include in the service agreement with the client to steer clear of unfavorable prospects. The best thing that occurs to you is to download a service agreement PDF from any reputed site and tailor it to your needs. Well, you are on the right track.
We can help you draft a watertight service agreement that will address your concerns and also make you amenable to prospective clients. Our site carries different service agreement PDF templates. You can choose and download the appropriate freelancer service agreement PDF to modify it and reflect your aspirations, concerns, and terms.
Acquaint yourself with the need, advantages, and various features of the service agreement template in the sections below and learn what to avoid.
1. The need for a service agreement PDF
As a freelancer, you need a service agreement when you intend to professionally serve a client. The agreement unambiguously sets the terms of and expectations from the contract so that both you and the client are on the same page.
The agreement is:
- A set of service guidelines
- Legally binding
- Can serve as the basis for an amicable resolution of issues if any discord arises
- Can even set the terms of future agreements through a master service agreement template (MSA)
2. Advantages of a service agreement PDF
The service agreement template contains all the essential clauses that you negotiated to protect your interests as a freelancer. As the work scope would be pre-defined, the client cannot compel you to work more without paying adequate compensation. The terms and conditions of the agreement will be visited for resolving any dispute that may surface up between you and the client.
The service agreement PDF has all the terms and conditions which usually feature in any contractual commitment signed by a freelancer and his/her client. You need not wrack your brains unnecessarily to figure out what should be present in the agreement and what must be avoided. Our agreement template lays the foundation of a just and mutually beneficial professional engagement in a hassle-free manner.
3. Content of a service agreement PDF
The agreement can act as a safeguard of your freelancing endeavor if properly drafted. The content can vary from one agreement to another, but broadly, the following points are included:
- Name of parties involved in the project
- Service delivery details or scope of work
- Expectations of both the parties
- Payment terms
- Total compensation to be paid for the freelancing work
- Period and frequency of work
- Deadline for service delivery
- Penalties to be imposed if service stipulations are not met
- Legal clarifications
- Components to be included in the work
- Mode of delivery of the final service
- Responsibilities of the client
- Terms applicable if the client chooses to change the service requirements midway during the project
- Number of reiterations or revisions of work to be done free of charge
- Circumstances under which the client can terminate the agreement
- Compensation payable in the event of termination
- Advance charges payable to the freelancer
- Non-disclosure or confidentiality terms
- Ways to safeguard intellectual property
- Warranties applicable
You can browse through the content of the freelance service agreement PDF on our site to get better insights into the content type.
4. Consequences of not using a proper service agreement PDF
A shabbily prepared agreement will never reflect your expectations clearly. Hence, you would remain confused and may be constrained to work more without getting adequate compensation. The absence of formal documents will prevent you from approaching a court of law to contest professional injustice.
The agreement would indemnify you or lessen the extent of punitive measures if losses incur to your client due to poor service quality, delay, or other factors. It is imperative that you use a well-designed draft like the service agreement PDF on our site to be insulated from loss of time or payment and plagiarism of your intellectual work.
It would be counter-intuitive if you don’t use an already available service agreement that comprehensively addresses all your aspirations and requirements. Get an edge over your client and flourish in your freelancing endeavor with our service agreement template.